Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sabbath is Holy In WaKeeney!

 Today we were driving across the western plains of Kansas and decided to dump our grey and black water tanks and fill up with fresh water at a highway side campground.

Mona searched on Google Maps and we found an ideally located KOA in WaKeeney, KS.

We paid our money, emptied and filled the tanks, and as we were leaving asked the owner, Deb, about getting propane nearby.
 "Oh", she told us with obvious pride, "You will have to get to Colorado or a city to find any propane for sale on a Saturday or Sunday for your RV."
"Why?" I asked with some surprise.
"Because out in the country we honor the Lord Jesus by keeping both Sabbath days for the family and Him."
"Well, that sounds pretty attractive.  Are you Seventh Day Adventists or Mormons here about?"
"No. Just believers."

So I asked her to take one of my cards, at which she was thrilled to learn she was talking to someone who might understand what she was trying to tell me.

I explained that I knew alot about some country practices but this was the first I'd heard of a whole weekend, every weekend, for Jesus.  She assured me that 'real country' folk want to and will honor Christ if given a chance.

Well, I honor Deb for putting her God and family ahead of her business.

Sadly though, like a pastor who must encourage his flock to take Sunday off, but must work that day every week her/himself, Deb has to be available 7 days a week to run the campground.

Darn few of us can say we follow the plan of God to a T.  But at least there is one lady in a small prairie, country, town in Western Kansas who is doing the best she can to do so.

-Pastor Ken




No comments:

Post a Comment